Dog vs. Cat: is rarely overal shown in anime/ manga series and when it is shown most of the time it's completely one sided as the male protagonist or character in general will usually overpower the female challenger, and so most of the time they are paired up with eachother - a few good examples of this would be from One Piece.
- Examples include but aren't limited to:
- Nami vs. Paula (Miss Doublefinger)
- Tashigi vs. Monet
- Tashigi vs. Trafalgar Law, in which Law easily won with minor to no inconvenience.
- Temari vs. Tayuya
- Roronoa Zoro vs. Monet; while it can be argued this was a handicap, Zoro did infact state he was sitting out this time. But when he decided to move in for the kill he demonstrated a level of precision that without physically damaging Monet he scared her to the point that she couldn't even regain her composure.
- Nikaido vs. Noi - several times.
There are though, some females who are ready to engage a man in combat especially to the death.
- Examples include but aren't limited to Shikamaru Nara from Naruto, he actually has a ongoing gag in the series where he only ends up fighting women. This ofcourse is broben though later on when he goes up against Hiden, a male member of the Akatsuki. Some of these examples though the woman is easily defeated when up against the male antagonist such as when Robin confronted Crocodile in the Tomb of the Kings Mausoleum.
- Temari vs. Shikamaru
- Tayuya vs. Shikaru
- Asano Rin
- Nico Robin - who usually battles one of the male antagonists of a certain group such as Yama, Tararan as well as been involved in several united battles against overwhelming foes such as Enel and Oars. Her only two women involving battles were against Tashigi and Monet which in itself is debatable if those are actual battles.
- Monet vs. Monkey D. Luffy